How To Be Your Own Sweet Valentine This Year
Celebrate your fabulous self this Valentine's Day!
How To Be Your Own Valentine
When people think of Valentine's Day, they probably imagine lovey dovey couples and romance everywhere. For some folks, that can feel pretty sad or empty when they're single.
But Valentine's Day doesn't have to be Singles Awareness Day if you don't want it to be. Instead, celebrate yourself! After all, you deserve it and no one can know how you'd like to spend Valentine's day better than you do.
Make your Valentine's Day celebration all about self love and making yourself happy. Maybe this time next year you'll be in a relationship, but enjoy being single while you are!
Write Yourself A Love Letter
Love letters are popular around this time of year. They're usually reserved for a significant other, but they don't have to be. This Valentine's Day, try writing a love letter to yourself instead!
Kicking off Valentine's Day with a love letter to yourself can be a really positive experience. It will help get you in the right mindset for self care and self love, two requirements for being your own valentine. If you find writing yourself a love letter to be a positive experience, you can turn it into a regular experience!
If you have trouble getting started, here are a list of prompts that may help.
• Things you love about yourself.
• A list of positive affirmations.
• Accomplishments you're really proud of.
• What makes me feel good about myself?
• What makes me feel most confident?
• Write a letter to read when you're feeling sad or upset.
Take Yourself Out On A Date
You don't need a significant other to enjoy a nice meal. Treat yourself to dinner at your favorite restaurant and order something delicious! If you'd rather avoid a bunch of canoodling couples, you could always take yourself to lunch or pick a different night to go out altogether.
Cooking yourself a great dinner is another option, especially if you'd rather just stay in and enjoy yourself for the evening. Staying in will give you the chance to take your time and enjoy your own company. There's something about eating a meal you've made for yourself that makes it taste even more rewarding and taste better.
Here are some recipes to try!
There are so many different ways to pamper yourself to pamper yourself, and we all deserve a night of pampering every once in a while! There's no better day to pamper yourself than Valentine's Day because it's a day all about love. In this case, it's self love!
Here are a few ideas on how to you can pamper yourself!
• Take a nice relaxing bath and use a bath bomb. Witch Baby Soap's Candy Heart Bath Bomb is fantastic!
• After your bath, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Take a look at this great list of lotions and moisturizers.
• Don't forget your face! Celestial by Lush has just the right amount of hydration your skin needs.
• While you're at it, do your hair too! Here are some hair masks to check out to restore your hair.
Let's Keep the Conversation Going...
How do you plan to treat yourself this Valentine's Day?