14 Baking Cheats That Will Make You Feel Like a Scientist
For the lazy baker.
1. Make your box cake 300 times better by adding butter instead of vegetable oil.
2. Prevent your electric whisk from splattering all over by using a paper plate.
3. Want to see how fresh your eggs are? Put them in water!
If they sink, they're fresh. If they float, they're not so fresh.
4. Keep your cookies moist by adding an orange peel or apple slice in their container.
The cookies will absorb the moisture and keep them fresher, longer.
5. Add a marshmellow on top of your cupcakes, let them melt and you have instant frosting!
6. Not sure how much cake to make? Here's a simple guide.
7. Put bread on the cake until you are ready to frost. This will help keep the cake moist.
8. Want to make your cupcakes cute without adding frosting? Try lace and powdered sugar.
9. Avocado is actually a great substitute for butter!
Substitute 1 cup of pureed avocado for every 1 cup of butter!
10. And apple sauce can replace oil.
The ratio is also the same 1:1!
11. The perfect pie crust has a mixture of butter AND shortening.
Butter adds flavor, shortening makes the crust nice and flaky.
12. You don't need fancy decorating tools to make your sweets pretty.
Try using a basic syringe for decorative frosting!
13. Freeze cookie dough balls in ice trays and you have perfectly-sized snacks to pop in the oven later.
14. Use your hair dryer to make your frosting perfectly glossy.
After you are done with the frosting, put the hairdryer on medium heat and point at the cake. The frosting will smooth and become even glossier.
Now get to baking, you mad scientist!
SHARE with your baking friends!