The Early 2000s Trend: Cute Y2K Instagram Captions
It's not too late to join the Y2K trend!
If you swipe Instagram for longer than a second, you’ll probably see posts harkening back to the new golden age: the early 2000s. Yes, 90s kids have been replaced by 00s kids, and they are bringing back the fashion, aesthetics, and nostalgia of the campiest era in American history. 2000 to 2009 had no shortage of baddies, pop princesses, and actual heiresses, so it's no surprise it's in fashion!
Here are the coolest Y2K Instagram captions to adorn any photos featuring shimmer eye shadow, butterfly clips, or Megan Fox.
Cool Y2K Instagram captions
- No duh
- Let’s go to the mall
- Drama queen
- What’s the 411?
- “Dump him” -Britney Spears
Funny Y2K Instagram Captions
- Fed up like Anne Hathaway at the 2004 Kids Choice Awards
- Y2K glitch
- Still waiting to get picked for the Disney Channel Games
- Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century
- Megan Fox raised me
Y2K Movie Quotes to Use as Instagram Captions
- “I just got Aquamarine on DVD. It's about a girl who's, like, half sushi.” -Jennifer’s Body
- “It’s a harsh world.” -Uptown Girls
- “Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed.” -Legally Blonde
- “I’d love to stay and chat but I don’t want to stay and chat.” -Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
- “Get in loser, we’re going shopping.” -Mean Girls
Y2K TV Quotes to Use as Instagram Captions
- “Lipstick lasts longer, but gloss is more fun.” -Gossip Girl
- “Hoes over bros.” -One Tree Hill
- “Xoxo, gossip girl” -Gossip Girl
- “And I couldn’t help but wonder…” -Sex and the City
- “That’s hot” -The Simple Life
We Want to Hear From You
Have you joined the Y2K trend? What’s your favorite 2000s movie or TV show?