These 15 Quotes About Ballet Are Seriously On Pointe
Keep your dancing shoes on!
Best Ballet Quotes
Ballet is graceful and precise dance, and the dancers who practice this art form are much tougher than they look! They are professional athletes doing something that takes years of practice, passion, and sometimes genuine blood, sweat, and tears to master. If you are a ballet dancer or if you love to go to the ballet to watch your favorite dancers take the stage, check out these famous quotes from some legends as they describe this beautiful, precise dance! For all things ballet, we've got you covered!
Good Ballet Quotes
• "Ballet is a dance executed by the human soul." – Alexander Pushkin
• "Ballet is only good when it is great." – Arlene Croce
• "Ballet is good, because it makes you stand up tall." – Carine Roitfeld
• "The domain of the ballet dancer is not earth but air." – Lincoln Kirstein
• "Ballet is the fairies' baseball." – Oscar Levant
Great Ballet Quotes
• "The ballet needs to tell its own story in such a way it can be received without having to be translated into language."– Twyla Tharp
• "A fine picture is but the image of nature; a finished ballet is nature herself." – Jean-Georges Noverre
• "Ballet will speak for itself. About itself." – George Balanchine
• “Respect your body. Eat well. Dance forever.”– Eliza Gaynor Minden
• “Dancing is creating a sculpture that is visible only for a moment.”– Erol Ozan
Inspirational Quotes About Ballet
• "Finding ballet was like finding this missing piece of myself." – Misty Copeland
• "'The Nutcracker' is the ballet that keeps on giving." – David H. Koch
• "Dancers are the athletes of God."– Albert Einstein
• "To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking." – Agnes De Mille
• "A pas de deux is a dialogue of love. How can there be conversation if one partner is dumb?"– Rudolf Nureyev
What is your favorite quote about ballet? We want to know!